Axcess, Auto-Axcess and Palm System Software
NOTE: Prior to downloading any file to your hand-held, perform a Hot Sync operation to ensure all personal data is backed up.
We strongly recommend that you download and read the Service Pak Owners Manual from the Owners Manual page.
Download the Service Pak utility prior to downloading any other updates. Service Pak is a free software tool required to manage updates to the four modules below and performs system diagnostics.
Axcess & Auto-Axcess System Software
It is important that all modules be updated at the latest software revision at the same time.
|225009L||User Interface Module|
|225008X||Process Control Module|
|225011H||Wire Feed Module|
|225010F||Auto. Interface Module (Auto-Axcess Only)|
System Requirements - Handhelds for Axcess™ Systems - Last updated 09-10-07
A handheld device is used with the following software packages to reach extra features of Axcess™ systems:
- Axcess™ File Management Software - Miller # 195249 (comes w/ Serial Cable # 300058)
- Axcess™ WaveWriter™ Software - Miller # 195250 (comes w/ Serial Cable # 300058)
- Axcess™ ServicePak (free software posted on the Web, Serial Cradle/Cable required)
See the Axcess™ Product Literature for detailed description of the features of Axcess™ WaveWriter™ and Axcess™ File Management Software.
A Palm Convenience Package can be purchased from Miller (Miller # 195517), which includes:
- Tested and approved Palm model (models will vary)
- ServicePak and the latest version of Axcess™ System software preloaded
- Serial cradle/cable (depending on Palm model) to connect the handheld to the Axcess™ System
- Standard components of a retail purchased Palm (charger, USB cradle/cable for PC connection,
- HotSync® software for your PC, and Palm Inc. warranty information)
- Note: the Warranty for the handheld is from Palm, Inc. Miller is the distributor not the manufacturer.
If you prefer to purchase a Palm over the Internet at such sites as PalmOne or from a local retailer, We have tested and recommend the following handhelds:
- Palm T | X (requires serial cable, Miller # 300058)
- Palm Tungsten E2 (requires serial cable, Miller # 300058)
- Palm Life Drive (requires serial cable, Miller # 300058)
The following will work but are difficult to find other than used and require serial cradle, Miller # 214611: Palm models: m125, m130, m500, m505, m515, Zire 71, Tungsten T, Tungsten T2, Tungsten T3, Tungsten W, Tungsten C
We know the following models do not work (they may lack critical elements such as serial connection or card slot): Palm models: Zire, Zire 21, Zire 31, Zire 72, Tungsten E, Tungsten T5*
The Axcess Software packages are designed to work on the Palm operating system (Palm OS 4.0 – 5.4.5) and will not work on any other operating system such as Windows CE.
*-The current production cable for the Tungsten T5 is no longer compatible with the Axcess system.