FILTAIR® Capture 5
The Capture Zone. Redefined.
Innovative, extended-capture fume extraction system designed specifically for welding.
The Capture 5 features completely new and exclusive ZoneFlow™ technology, which creates a much larger capture area than existing source-capture products and minimizes arm interactions. Capture 5 is far more effective than ambient fume extraction systems.
ZoneFlow Technology Tech Talk
ZoneFlow technology creates a negative pressure zone that extends the weld particulate capture distance.
Air moving into the arm is still about 900 CFM. However, ZoneFlow technology also moves clean, filtered air out of the arm at approximately a 90 degree angle which creates a large negative pressure zone. This negative pressure zone forms a type of curtain that funnels the weld fume particulate towards the center of the arm, maximizing capture and extending the capture zone up to five feet deep and four feet wide.
Easy to Operate Extraction Arm
Easy-to-operate extraction arm with external adjustments so air can pass through with less airflow resistance, giving you stronger CFM (airflow). It offers reliable and accurate positioning across the full range of motion of the arm, as well as easy adjustment and maintenance to ensure long-lasting operation. Pre-assembled extraction arms are available in 10- and 12-foot lengths.
Less Arm Movement
Designed to capture fume in larger weld areas while minimizing interactions with the arm. Providing better protection and more welding.
Miller FilTek® XL Filter Technology
Miller FilTek XL Filter Technology is specifically designed for welding fumes. Miller filters outlast, out-filter, and outperform all the rest.
- Has longer filter life - up to 2 times that of treated cellulous filters.
- Superior filtering of up to 95% of weld fume particulates.
- FilTek XL's surface loading filters vs. competitors depth loading filters gives Miller filters advantages that benefit you:
- Easier and more complete filter cleaning results in longer filter life.
- More efficient air flow thru the filter results in lower operating costs and stronger suction power for a cleaner work space.
Cleanable Filter with Automatic Cleaning
Total Weld Fume Solutions Flyer
FilTek XL Filter advantages
|Flux Cored (FCAW)|
|General specifications||Input Power|
460 Volts, 3-Phase, 60 Hz
|Net Weight||670 lb. (304 kg) for extractor with 12-ft. arm|
Extractor Cart - 43 in. 32 in 48 in. (1092 mm) (813 mm) (1219 mm)
Extractor Arm - 10-in. (254 mm) diameter; 10-ft, and 12-ft. lengths (3 and 3.7 m)
FilTek XL, 452 sq. ft (42 sq. m)
900 CFM (425 L/sec.)
Approximately 77 dBA at 5 ft. (1.5 m)
|Number of Filters|
|Warranty||With the best coverage in the industry, Miller's True Blue® Warranty [PDF] delivers unparalleled peace-of-mind.|
|FILTAIR CAPTURE 5 W/10FT ARM||951574||$13703.00|
|FILTAIR CAPTURE 5 W/12FT ARM||951575||$13997.00|
* All prices are U.S. dollars and reflect Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) for the U.S. market. Tax, delivery and setup not included. Actual selling price determined by the Distributor. Prices are subject to change without notice. Additional items may be required for welding, such as shielding gas, consumables, and safety equipment.
Most Popular Accessories
Replacement Filter for FILTAIR Capture 5
FilTek XL filters have the highest MERV ratings in the industry to capture the highest percentage of weld fume particles – up to 95%.