New Millermatic® 350P Aluminum MIG Welder from Miller Dedicated to Aluminum Welding Applications
Millermatic 350P Aluminum Highlights:
- Builds on industry tested and proven Millermatic 350P system
- New true torque motor optimizes aluminum feeding, increases productivity
- Electronic Wire Spool Brake − Allows wire spool to free spool while welding providing smooth wire delivery. When the gun trigger is released, the brake engages.
- Trigger Schedule Select allows user to select between two pre-programmed settings with the click of a trigger
- Synergic welding capabilities — both in MIG and Pulsed MIG processes — matches wire speed to arc voltage for optimal performance
APPLETON, Wis., — November 20, 2012 — Miller Electric Mfg. Co. has introduced the new Millermatic® 350P Aluminum MIG welder, the first dedicated aluminum welding power source with a new true torque push-pull design, electronic wire spool brake, Trigger Schedule Select and synergic capabilities in both MIG and Pulsed MIG weld settings. This makes it one of the most versatile products for welding aluminum, by giving the operator the ability to tailor the arc to the weld by adjusting machine performance to the weld at the point-of-use — eliminating trips back and forth to the machines and concerns over wire feed consistency.
Consistent aluminum wire delivery is the hallmark of the Millermatic 350P Aluminum thanks to the enhanced wire delivery design. The Torque motor and the electronic brake work together to provide hours of continuous and productive wire delivery. The new true torque push-pull feed motor provides positive and accurate wire feeding between the torque motor and gun and the electronic brake allows the wire spool to free spool providing drag-free wire delivery. The all-in-one Millermatic 350P Aluminum’s programs, speed, wire feed consistency and flexibility are perfect for builders of aluminum watercraft, trucks, trailers, aluminum signs and others products.
“We recognized that people making a living welding aluminum wanted more consistent wire feeding and more productivity,” said Chris Roehl, product manager, Miller Electric. Mfg. Co. “The true torque drive motor delivers a continuous push while the gun controls the speed, providing accurate and trouble-free feeding. Welding aluminum requires the ability to have exacting control over your arc to adjust to changing joint profiles and positions, and this system provides that.”
The Millermatic 350P Aluminum synergic welding system gives the operator the first of its kind flexibility with synergic “one knob” control in both Pulsed MIG and MIG operation. The synergic connection means the Millermatic 350P Aluminum automatically adjusts voltage and amperage when the operator adjusts wire speed. This saves time and improves quality because the welder can react in real time to changing joint profiles and positions without having to stop welding and go back to the machine, while the Pulsed MIG process provides sufficient fusion, yet controls the heat input to prevent warping or burn-through.
The machine is equipped with easy-to-use operator controls, including the new “Trigger Schedule Select,” which permits the user to pre-program two weld settings that they can quickly toggle between. This allows for quick changes between weld settings or from Pulsed MIG to MIG welding. This also prevents costly stop-and-go welding — just select the preset setting and keep welding.
The new Trigger Hold feature is like cruise control for the welder. Simply press the trigger down and after a few seconds the gun holds, giving the welder better comfort while working on long weldments. The wire jog feature is a convenient and safe way for the operator to feed wire at the machine without energizing the weld output.
The 350P provides superior aluminum performance when matched with the XR™-Aluma-Pro, or the new XR™ AlumaPro Lite or XR™ Pistol Pro air-cooled push-pull guns. The Millermatic 350P Aluminum’s Hot Start™ eliminates fusion issues by ensuring correct heat from the beginning of the weld. Sharparc® gives control of the arc cone shape, puddle fluidity and bead profile while in the Pulse MIG mode.
Other features of the Millermatic 350P include:
- Six aluminum-dedicated pulse programs, including new settings for .040 wire.
- Jog and purge: allows operator to jog wire or purge gas and preset gas pressure at the regulator before welding.
- Retains Auto Gun Detect feature: direct connection for Miller 10-pin XR-Aluma-Pro™ and XR™ Pistol Grip air-cooled push-pull guns. Pull the trigger and the machine automatically detects the gun.
- The Millermatic 350P Aluminum continues the efficient Fan-On-Demand™ feature. The fan operates when needed, reducing power consumption.
Contact your local distributor or go to MillerWelds.com for more information on the new Millermatic 350P Aluminum.