Miller to Offer Live Welding Demonstrations at SEMA; Highlight New Syncrowave® 210 TIG Welder
Scheduled Q&A sessions and solutions-based presentations to address specific customer needs regarding automotive welding applications
APPLETON, Wis. — Aug. 20, 2013 — Attendees of the 2013 SEMA (Specialty Equipment Market Association) Show, Nov. 5-8, 2013, in Las Vegas, can explore product benefits and solutions at one of four welding and cutting demonstration areas available from the Miller Electric Mfg. Co. booth, #24113, in the Racing & Performance pavilion, located in the Central Hall of the Convention Center. Visitors to the booth can also try the company’s latest MIG, TIG and Metal-Cutting products and Arc Armor® welding protection, and get general and technical questions answered during scheduled question-and-answer (Q&A) sessions and other presentations addressing solutions to common problems associated with automotive welding applications.
Miller Marketing Manager John Swartz and Motorsports Marketing Manager Andy Weyenberg will present these 20-minute solutions-based multimedia presentations live from the booth. Following each presentation and subsequent Q&A period, attendees can see and try any products referenced right from within the booth. Topics addressed will include:
Wednesday, Nov. 6
- 10 a.m. — MIG and TIG welding aluminum: the best process for your specific applications
- 2 p.m. — Welding in the home garage: products key to versatility and portability
Thursday, Nov. 7
- 10 a.m. — Hard-to-weld parts: tips and tools for welding success
- 2 p.m. — Plasma vs oxy-fuel: which metal cutting option is right for you
Additionally, Q&A sessions will be held Tuesday, Nov. 5 at 2 p.m. and Friday, Nov. 8 at 10 a.m. These 20-minute gatherings will provide attendees with a unique opportunity to ask questions based on more general process-related topics, such as MIG, TIG and metal cutting. Prizes will be awarded to a predetermined number of guests first to arrive at the scheduled sessions. Those unable to attend the show are encouraged to participate from home, and can submit questions via social media platforms to be addressed during the interactive, live sessions. Prizes will also be awarded to a designated number of online participants.
“The Miller booth at SEMA offers visitors a great opportunity to ‘try before you buy,’” said Andy Weyenberg, motorsports marketing manager for Miller Electric Mfg. Co. “We encourage people to ask questions, attend the presentations for solutions to common problems in automotive welding applications and experience the difference of welding with Miller.”
New to the show will be the inverter-based Syncrowave® 210 TIG welder. Built for light-industrial applications, automotive repair and personal users, the Syncrowave 210 — complete with operator-friendly interface — is AC/DC TIG and DC Stick-capable, with the ability to weld up to 1/4-inch-thick material in a single pass.
The following products will also be in the booth for display and purchase — many with applicable show specials:
- Diversion™ 180 TIG welder
- Dynasty® 200 Series TIG welder
- Wireless remote controls, including hand and foot controls
- Multimatic™ 200 MIG/TIG/Stick welder
Note: The Multimatic 200 won the coveted 2012 SEMA New Product Award in the Best New Tools and Equipment Category. It was selected out of more than 900 products entered for consideration at the 2012 show.
- Millermatic® 211 Auto-Set™ MIG welder with MVP™
- Millermatic® 212 Auto-Set™ MIG welder
- Spoolmate™ 100 and 200 Series spool guns
- Spectrum® 375 X-TREME™ with XT30 Torch Plasma cutter
- Spectrum® 625 X-TREME™ with XT40 Torch Plasma cutter
- A variety of metal cutting products which now includes oxy-fuel equipment formerly branded Smith Equipment: Toughcut™ acetylene outfit w/acc, CGA300 (MB55A-510); Medium Duty Acetylene Combination Torch Kit (16821) and Oxy-Fuel Versa-Torch Outfits
- S-Series ArcStation™
- F-Series ArcStation™
- Miller line of Arc Armor® welding protection including auto-darkening welding helmets, welding jackets and other safety apparel
To catch live reports and updates from the show, Miller fans are invited to check out MillerWelds.com/SEMA for news, exclusive interviews and points of interest from the show floor communicated through the extensive Miller social media network on: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Flickr.
For information on other Miller products or topics, visit MillerWelds.com.
# # #